Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Library Lovers



I saw him behind the stack of books
Skinny build and ordinary looks
Thick black frame around sleepy eyes
Expression clam and mighty wise

She barged in and stood with a stare
Scared me a moment, unaware
A long blue skirt and half knotted curls
Little different than those next door girls

He caught my eyes, gave a disturbed smile
And that’s what I call ‘The Nerdy Style’

Smiling is polite, I was taught in school
Then why did she react like I was a fool?

What did he think?
Did she even blink?

I should have smiled back
I just sat there like a sack

He’ll think I am a pile on
Oh no! She’s already gone

Two lives. One interesting chapter.
Fell in love and lived happily ever after!

3 comments:

  1. wow..

    love your blog so much…

    Glad to discover your poetry talent,

    join poets rally.
    make poetic friends, get encouragements via awards.

    come on in, the collection is to be closed within 25 hours.

    cheers.

    hope to see you in ASAP…..

    your talent rocks.

    ReplyDelete